Culinary Delights in Essex, MA
1. Start your day with a made-to-order breakfast sandwich (Breakfast Burrito or Smoked Turkey Egg Sandwiches too!) from the Village Market or pick up a freshly baked croissant from Chebacco Market. Here on a Sunday? Brunch with a river view is a specialty at Shea's Riverside, Riversbend and C.K. Pearl...with live jazz at C.K. Pearl on the first and third Sundays of the month year-round.
Photo: Village Restaurant
2. Essex, Massachusetts is known for its fresh seafood and locally harvested clams - after all, the fried clam was invented right here at Woodman’s in 1916. Fried or steamed, each restaurant serves up their own signature recipe. So try one place for lunch and another for dinner! View Restaurant Directory
3. Several Essex antique and specialty shops are located within walking distance of Essex eateries. Browse the shops, then refresh with a specialty cocktail or craft beer and an appetizer. Ripple, Shea’s Riverside, Riversbend and C.K. Pearl all have outdoor deck dining (in season) overlooking the Essex River. In winter months, relax beside a cozy fireplace at The Farm Bar & Grille, Shea’s Riverside or Windward Grille. And stop in for a wine tasting every Friday from 5:00pm - 7:00pm at Essex Wine Exchange!
4. Choose from a wide range of dining experiences for dinner: comfort food with a barbeque spin in a lively atmosphere at The Farm Bar & Grille; wood-fired pizza at Riversbend; picnic dining on Eben’s Creek at J.T. Farnham’s; dinner and drinks over a game of Cribbage at Shea’s Riverside - with a chance to win a $50 Shea’s Gift Certificate at Tuesday Tournament Nights); or intimate dining in a New England farmhouse that’s over 300 years old at Windward Grille.
5. Save room for dessert! Delicious homemade desserts at the Village Restaurant (Traditional Indian Pudding and Carrot Cake are among the delicious family recipes.) Dessert at Ripple and C.K. Pearl rival any of Boston’s top restaurants, along with dessert at many other Essex eateries. Watch our video to whet your appetite and learn more.